Sunday, March 20, 2011

16 weeks - Take 2

My dad and his girlfriend, Chris, left our house on Friday after staying one week with us. It was so much fun to have them around. I especially loved that Mateo and his grandpa got to spend so much special time together. I love our life here in Santa Barbara, California, but now that Mateo is in the picture I find it very sad that we don't have any family nearby. But it's important to always see the bright side of things and that is we have a lot of wonderful friends and a really blessed life here in Santa Barbara and no family member is ever more than a flight (or two or three) away. We had a lovely visit and enjoyed the Saturday morning farmer's market, the annual SB Orchid Show, a Muslera BBQ and several local eating establishments. Javier and I eat out very rarely these days so I enjoyed all the meals prepared by others. Mateo did as well. I guess he's one of the main reasons we don't go out so much, but he was a super champ and did extremely well for a 15 1/2 month old toddler. The bread helps - he seems to be a carb loader and generally really enjoys eating.

In other news we got a new vehicle, more of a family vehicle. Javier sold his 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo and we purchased a 2010 Honda CR-V. We're hoping it will suffice with two kids. Now, Javier wants to trade in our other car (our 2006 Acura TSX) for a used Volvo station wagon. It's true, even with one child, a regular sedan can suddenly seem very small.

My pregnancy is going all swimmingly. In fact, I often forget that I'm pregnant. I feel great. We had an appointment with our midwife a couple of weeks ago and got to hear that great sound of the baby's heartbeat. I love it! We find out in a couple of short weeks if we are expecting a boy or a girl. I don't have a super strong intuition this time. Nothing like last time, but I do have a slight inclination. I'll be so happy either way, truly. A happy healthy baby is all I can request and to be given such is a HUGE blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment