Monday, September 21, 2009

30-31 weeks

I'll turn 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Only nine more to go. CRAZY!

Nothing much going on with the pregnancy actually. It's business as usual with Baby Mus - the MOVER and SHAKER! He is very active in the womb, but then again, I'm still pretty active. He's probably pretty used to be moved around and rocked and perhaps finds it comforting. Last night we had dinner at a friends house and she has recently returned from Europe with some YUMMY and strong chocolate (85% cocoa). Of course I couldnt resist, but I think it made him do flips. I was in bed around 10pm, but didnt fall asleep until he finally settled down probably around 11:30ish. I still find it absolutely wild that there is a little person moving all around inside of me. What a fascinating miracle!

This weekend was a success on one big front. Javier cleaned the garage!!! He worked long and hard on his Sunday and I'm so appreciative! I started to clean out the office ... it's a work in progress, but I'm close! I find "papers" and office stuff the most difficult to organize. I feel like once things are filed I just forget about them. So my normal protocol is to simply leave papers out. BAD...very BAD. I'm improving though.

Javier and I had an appointment with one of our midwives, Laurel, on Thursday. She was at our home for a couple of hours and it was great to hear his heart beat and start a bit of the mental preparation/counseling that is certainly critical for us to hear in this time before our lives change dramatically. Today we meet with our back-up doctor, Dr. Ramos, so it looks like we'll get to hear his heart again -woohoo! I believe we will only have one more appointment with Dr. Ramos and the purpose is simply to establish rapport in case we end up having to deliver the baby at the hospital. I really like her too so we'll see how things go, but I'm working hard to mentally prepare for both scenarios as I don't want to feel disappointed with myself if things dont turn out as planned. But so far, all is going well so we're not anticipating any issues.

This week is big -- I'm planning to order the big ticket items i.e. crib, changing table and glider. Thanks again to my mom and dad for helping out with these items. It will be fun to see his room coming together.

Mentally I feel great and fairly relaxed right now. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Javier being home and taking good care of me. It makes such a big difference! He only has one more very short trip before the birth. Hopefully I dont fall into my panic state!

Weight gain as of today: 23 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment