Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 28

I'm feeling much better this week. I finally got some registries together, Devon got the shower invites out the door and my mom and Vicki got their airplane tickets to come out for the shower. Also, I ordered some crib bedding. It's probably the least useful thing I could have ordered, but it's crib bedding I've been eyeing for some time and it's currently out of stock and therefore back-ordered and for whatever reason it just made me feel better to hit the "order now" button on something. I feel like I've done so much research online for all sorts of products, but haven't made any purchases yet.

Javier is once again out of town and this is a struggle. Not only do all the responsibilities of our home and the dog fall on my shoulders, but I don't have him around to talk through my concerns,worries, stresses, etc. I really need him around. I wish he felt this were as important as I do.

I was supposed to meet with my midwife today, but she is at a labor so we'll be meeting tomorrow. I always love to hear the baby's heartbeat and I look forward to it so much ... TOMORROW! He's been moving around a lot for sure so that's always reassuring.

I'm reading my friend Mandy's "Bradley Method" (a style of natural birthing) book and last night I got to the page that showed what the actual size of 10cm looks like (this is how far your cervix needs to be dilated in order to begin pushing the baby out). For the first time, I got pretty freaked out about birth. 10cm is HUGE!!!!!!!!

At this point I've gained about 20 pounds and according to my iPregnancy iPhone application, 11 weeks and 5 days remain until my due date, but the baby will be "full tern" on November 3rd (coming right up!). He probably weighs between 2 lbs 9ozs and 3lbs 11ozs. The surface of his brain is beginning to show the twists and grooves seen in older children (it was all smooth before). Also, it is thought that babies begin to dream during the 3rd trimester. How cool - Baby Mus is dreaming!! DREAM BIG, Little One!

No comments:

Post a Comment