Friday, November 20, 2009

39.5 weeks and going... and growing

So here we are, Nov 20th, 4 days away from my due date. I was so sure 'they' were wrong with my due date, but it sure doesn't seem like it ;-). And now all those people who have said to me, "First babies are usually late" are coming to mind. I am trying so so so hard to be okay with whatever his arrival date, but I am getting a bit anxious. I know it's best to be patient and all of that, but being 39 1/2 weeks pregnant gives me a different perspective. I really want to stop growing too! I've been very hungry and at this point have gained the recommended 35 pounds! NO MORE WEIGHT PLEASE ;-). But every day this little guy grows I know there is little I can do about it. It's kind of out of my hands at this point and that is a little how I feel ... as though someone else has complete control over my body. I am now often getting hip pains and strange other things that keep me from wanting to be out and about too much although I am still keeping relatively busy. Still walking every day, running errands and trying to catch up with friends. I've been to see some new babies this week as well, which only makes me more anxious for wanting my own here ;-). I am getting into the 'stride' of not working if you will. It's not difficult any longer. I'm now so thankful for the fact that I dont have to get my tired body up and and ready for work!!

We're at the point where people are calling and texting on a daily basis asking if there is any progress. It doesn't anger me because I understand the curiosity, but it does make me think ... 'when will our time be?!'

No comments:

Post a Comment