Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nov 24 - 40 weeks

I'm still here and there are no signs of Baby Mus's impending arrival. Since today is my due date, I've decided to take it easy and to enjoy myself. I just took myself, my overly large belly and my dog, Queso, for a walk on the beach. It's an amazing day here in Santa Barbara. The sun and air are very warm and the beach was beautiful with a low tide and lots of birds hanging out. We walked for about 4 miles. I have lots of items on my 'to-do' list in my head, but I'm debating between getting a bunch of things accomplished and just resting ;-). I'll probably do a bit of both today before meeting up with friends for Thai food tonight.

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the fact that the only obligation is to get together and to eat. It's so simple yet so beautiful. No gifts, just hanging out over yummy food. LOVE IT! So I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving with the Latin crew this year. I'm going to be making green bean casserole and cornbread (the cornbread will unfortunately come from a mix, but that's just the way it goes). And then once Thanksgiving is over, I'm going to make Javier take me out to do lots of fun stuff over the weekend so I dont have time to sit around getting too anxious.

And just remember, a typical pregnancy lasts 41 weeks in France. If we lived in France, my due date would be Dec 1 ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment