Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Visit with the midwife

I HEARD THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!!!!

I just returned from an appointment with the Sansum midwife, who I loved by the way. I had thought my appointment with her was supposed to be my opportunity to ask any questions, etc. so I was very pleasantly surprised when she said we could "try" to hear the heart beat. She said that sometimes it is not possible to hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks, but that there was a chance we might hear it. As she poked around looking for the heartbeat, at first she found nothing. It's funny because based on the ultrasound and also on how I physically feel I think I know where the baby is so I told her to try there and sure enough we heard it. It was so loud and so strong -- this WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH. It was so cool that it made me want to laugh and cry at the same time, but every time I would laugh I would mess up the whole set-up. I'm bummed Javier missed the heartbeat. He would have loved it. At the moment I was experiencing our baby's heartbeat, he was on a bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto. We were texting.

Yesterday was not such a great day. I felt so crappy and tired. I basically fell asleep at my desk, but didn't realize it until someone came up to talk to me and she started laughing her head off. I wanted to leave early so badly, but my work ethic got the best of me so I stayed. Once I arrived home for the day, I got Queso out for a walk and then promptly got into my PJs. I laid immobile on the couch for hours. I didn't feel like talking to anyone, eating anything or even getting up to pee. It was strange. I even caught American Idol (my mom's favorite show that she is always trying to talk to me about) for the first time. Simon is a jerk, no? After an early and full night of rest I was feeling back to normal today and even started out the morning with a short run with Queso. I'm tired again now though and have so much work to do before Hawaii!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment