Tuesday, June 23, 2009

18 weeks

Hum, what happened to my 17-week photos? Can anyone else see them? I think I'm getting to the point where I should take weekly photos anyhow. I certainly feel like I am growing by the day!

Javier and I had a regular scheduled doctor's appointment yesterday. When we have the Sansum appointments we rotate around so that we can meet all the doctors because you have no idea who will be there to deliver. Yesterday we met a young doctor, Karen Craig. Dr. Craig has recently moved to Santa Barbara from Nebraska. It was interesting to hear her perspective. I had mentioned to her that I am interested in touring the hospital soon so that I can see the birthing rooms in order to make a decision about a home birth vs. hospital birth. She said very matter of factly that the rooms here are out of date and especially compared to Nebraska. She mentioned that in Nebraska all rooms have big laboring tubs and at Cottage there is only a shower. In general Santa Barbara just doesnt have the money they have in the midwest, she reported. It was interesting to hear her perspective.

But the good news is the appointment went well. I've gained 6.5 pounds and we heard the babies strong heartbeat, which is always so reassuring! We find out the sex of the little one on July 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment