Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jesusita Fire roars

The current fire in Santa Barbara is pretty crazy. It's the closest to downtown that I've seen yet: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30594933/. Due to fire, many many of our friends have been evacuated from their homes. People take evacuations pretty seriously around here simply because homes do burn. It happens quite frequently here. In fact, I believe this is our 3rd big fire in a year. We have friends who have evacuated to our home, Andy, Alison and their 5-month old Emerson. It seems that babies are all around me these days. It's funny because I used to (before I was pregnant) completely embrace being around kids always, but now I feel a bit skiddish. Emerson is delightful. She's super cute, quiet and totally squeezable (she's a 95th percentile baby), but I haven't been rushing to hold her or play with her like I probably would have before I became pregnant. It's strange. It's almost like I want to make sure I don't get all babied out before my own comes along. How silly. I wonder if this is normal?

1 comment:

  1. I watched the news about the fires this morning. It does not sound good at all. I hope they can get them under control.

    ReplyDelete