Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prenatal Yoga with Siddhi

Fortunately I feel as though really wonderful people are coming into my life as my pregnancy progresses. In this case, I guess you could say that I brought myself into this person's life. I started prenatal yoga on Saturday. The teacher is this angelic, wonderful, wise woman - Siddhi. We did yoga in a circle and Siddhi empasized the importance of us mothers connecting. Throughout the class she had all sorts of tidbits of wisdom for us as we stretched and did exercises to prepare ourselves for birth, but also for being mothers. We sang to the babies and did protection chants and I think for the first time it really sank in for me, the reality, as I was nearly in tears. It was so sweet and so special and so much fun. I went again on Tuesday and had an equally lovely experience. The Tuesday class was in a different studio. The women were more quiet and the class was smaller, but I really enjoy the pregnancy appropriate exercises and Siddhi's general way of being and advising. She has all this great music too, which of course I completely appreciate. Before we close every class we sing a song about the sun shining brightly for our child. It's so sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment